Correct me if I'm wrong though, but I read that it wasn't a problem anymore in 10.5... can anyone confirm that??

Jean-Nicolas Jolivet

On 13-Nov-08, at 6:27 AM, Uli Kusterer wrote:

On 13.11.2008, at 07:17, Jean-Nicolas Jolivet wrote:
Any particular reasons why my label will always show up behind my tableview no matter what I do??

The drawing order of sibling views in AppKit was never guaranteed to be well-defined. In plain English that means the only drawing order you can rely on is that subviews will be drawn after their superview. I think you can turn on Layer-backed views to make this behaviour more predictable, but that's a bit fiddly, too.

So, no, it's not an IB bug, it's simply a documented inability of AppKit. Don't ask me why it isn't supported. Even Carbon does that, and it's very easy to do this with good performance. Heck, I implemented speedy and correct overlapping with transparency back in the System 8 days for MacZoop, and I was just starting out as a programmer...

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de