On Apr 16, 2010, at 12:22 AM, Graham Cox wrote:

> Don't.
>
> The only app that the user wants to empty the trash is Finder, not yours. If
> they want it emptied (or emptied securely), they'll go to the Finder and use
> the menu there. It's OK for your app to move stuff to the trash as long as
> it's clear to the user that will happen, but emptying it is not your
> business. The clue really is the fact that doing so is not supported directly
> by an API.

Hey all of you of limited vision standing on your soapboxes - give me a break!
He couldn't possibly be asking because he wants to create a Finder/desktop
replacement app (like the Finder works so well we don't need one of those).
These kinds of preachy know-it-all rants are really tiresome, but unfortunately
they happen a lot on this list.

__jayson

Circus Ponies NoteBook - Organization for a Creative Mind
www.circusponies.com