On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Jayson Adams <jay...@circusponies.com> wrote:
> Hey all of you of limited vision standing on your soapboxes - give me a
> break!  He couldn't possibly be asking because he wants to create a
> Finder/desktop replacement app (like the Finder works so well we don't need
> one of those).  These kinds of preachy know-it-all rants are really tiresome,
> but unfortunately they happen a lot on this list.

They happen a lot on this list because that kind of attention is what
sets the Mac development community apart from that of other operating
systems. Developers—especially the kind who take the time to hang out
here—really care about the overall user experience and quality of the
platform. When people come asking for help with things that could
break the paradigm, we respond accordingly, so as to protect the
deserved reputation of the platform as a whole.

--Kyle Sluder