On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:47 PM, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Is sandboxing the MOST HATEFUL and useless API Apple have ever created? I
> can't think of a worse one in 30 years....

It would be hard to beat the iOS Keychain API (which they are now trying to
foist upon us in OS X by deprecating the old serviceable one.)

It looks cleaner than the old API because it has fewer functions to call, but
once you skim through the hundreds of attribute constants you quickly realize
it's like unto a huge bag of unlabeled Lego pieces, which will fall all over
the floor and stab you in the feet when you try to walk anywhere. The
instructions are just a crudely Xeroxed sheet showing two bricks and saying
"PLEASE INSERTING OF TAB A IN SLOT B. REPEAT."

But then, I haven't tried sandboxing yet. It sounds almost like some exquisite
form of BDSM: taking away all of your freedom and then making you beg to get
little bits back. Does it come with safe-words?

—Jens