Regarding Sandboxing on Mac OS or iOS, the situations I want to see addressed
are these:

The app gets regularly updated.  Preferences must exist out side of the app.
What easy and straightforward method that does not require the developer to
jump through hoops supports preservation of app preferences when an app may be
deleted or upgraded WITHOUT using "the cloud", as this is completely in
violation of many companies' policies.

If you never ever submit apps to the app store, or you have your own managed
app store and develop apps solely for the enterprise, and never mass market
apps, then be it on iOS or Mac OS, you are expected to have access outside of
the sandbox.  It is expected that you will have access to the device and
different folders to create useful software.

Honestly, Sandboxing seems to be created by people who have written a few
papers on security.  But the implications of Sandboxing mean that there will be
less documentation for people to refer to and the restrictions placed on the
developers mean that files in supported folders will be co-opted to serve as
cookies or data structures that will outlast an app's deletion, thereby already
bypassing the restrictions Apple is trying to impose.

Apple has created a royal PITA for developers who don't care about submitting
apps to the general public, both on iOS and on Mac OS and created a much less
useful environment in the process.

If Apple limited the restricted folders to the System and Library folders off
the root, this would be a whole lot less of a PITA.  Just let us write to the
drive outside of the folders that contain the precious internal important bits.
 Stop handcuffing your developers.