On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
> Regarding Sandboxing on Mac OS or iOS, the situations I want to see addressed
> are these:
>
> The app gets regularly updated.  Preferences must exist out side of the app.
> What easy and straightforward method that does not require the developer to
> jump through hoops supports preservation of app preferences when an app may
> be deleted or upgraded WITHOUT using "the cloud", as this is completely in
> violation of many companies' policies.
>
> If you never ever submit apps to the app store, or you have your own managed
> app store and develop apps solely for the enterprise, and never mass market
> apps, then be it on iOS or Mac OS, you are expected to have access outside of
> the sandbox.  It is expected that you will have access to the device and
> different folders to create useful software.

I don't see why you have to care about the Sandbox in the case you
describe. The only issue there could be so far at that time is you
would have to codesign/productsign your application/installation
packages for 10.8 and pay the Gatekeeper rent.

Moreover, Gatekeeper is so easy to work around when you have control
on the way your application is deployed (which you seem to have in the
case you describe) that you could even get away without
codesigning/productsigning your products for OS X 10.8.