On Aug 21, 2012, at 11:02 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> But then, I haven't tried sandboxing yet. It sounds almost like some
> exquisite form of BDSM: taking away all of your freedom and then making you
> beg to get little bits back. Does it come with safe-words?

Irrespective of everything else, this is indeed the model for sandboxing.
Because "you" is not normally synonymous with "the user", and the industry has
awoken to the reality that the user can not trust your motives to be pure.
Because in the face of a successful attack, "you" might not be the author of
the executing code either.

--Kyle Sluder