We would like to get a recommendation on the best way to generate a help
system for a fairly complex application. We started by using a simple web
view and created about 120 screens in BBEdit, mostly drill-down outlines.
Unfortunately, this has been proven to be difficult to maintain. We¹ve
looked into web generators like RapidWeaver, Freeway, and even Dreamweaver,
but all of these have been described as ³roach motels² where you enter but
can never leave.

We would like to have both local and web-based or web-updated content and
have contextual help. This all brings us to Apple¹s ³Help Book², which seems
to have been around forever and presents its own learning curve. So the
question is: Is this the way to go?  It it still current? What are the
experiences in using it?