On May 7, 2014, at 9:44 AM, Jakob Egger <ja...@eggerapps.at> wrote:

> Problems with Help Books
> ====================
>
> First of all, they are poorly documented.

I disagree with most of Mr. Egger's comments about Help Book problems, but he
is certainly right that they are still poorly documented. The documentation
confuses the pre- and post-Snow Leopard forms of Help Books and is virtually
impossible to follow, despite years of complaints to Apple.

As far as I know, the only comprehensive explanation of the "new" post-Snow
Leopard version of Help Books is Chapter 11 of my book, Cocoa Recipes for Mac
OS X, Second Edition (Peachpit Press 2010).

--

Bill Cheeseman - b...@cheeseman.name