On a fresh Tomcat (4.1.12) installation I copied the file cocoon.war (this is Cocoon
2.0.3) into the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory.  I then started Tomcat using
$TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh, navigated to http://localhost:8080/cocoon and Tomcat
expanded cocoon.war into $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon, started the Cocoon servlet, and
displayed the Cocoon intro page.

As I said before, to do this Hello World example, I modified the <map:pipelines>
section of sitemap.xmap to just contain the <map:pipeline> for the Hello World
example. Actually, first I tried just adding the Hello World pipeline...when that
didn't work I deleted the rest.  It still doesn't work.  And I'm not sure how Tomcat
could be running some other Cocoon instance either.  But I am obviously missing
something somewhere.

And thanks for the info on the parent-child sitemaps..I guess I'll get to that later,
once I get this to work. :-)

--- "Hunsberger, Peter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I also don't understand why the other Cocoon pages still come up after I
>deleted ALL the other stuff > inside the <map:pipelines> tag other than my
><map:pipeline> for the Hello World example that
>> generates from helloworld.xml, transforms with helloworld2html.xsl and
>serializes the output.
>
>That tends to suggest that the copy of Cocoon you are modifying isn't the
>same one that Tomcat is running...  How are you deploying Cocoon (expanding
>the EAR manually and copying?)?
>
>BTW, to answer another question you had earlier, the reason you see
>sitemap.xconf in multiple directories is that a parent sitemap can mount
>sub-sitemaps.  It's a parent child relationship from the main sitemap...

>For additional commands, e-mail:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Conserve wilderness with a click (free!) and get your own EcologyFund.net email
(free!) at http://www.ecologyfund.com.