I switched "treeprocessor" by commenting out one <sitemap> tag and uncommenting the
other one in cocoon.xconf.

Btw, what is stored in Tomcat's work directory?  This might sound like a dumb question
to you, but I'm still on Hello World. :-)

Likewise, I haven't done anything with error handling, so if you feel this is
something important that I should do here and now to diagnose the problem, I humbly
ask for a small explanation so I can understand what's going on.  For example, what
XML source does the error2html.xsl file in your sample code operate on?

Lastly, I know for a fact I'm editing sitemap.xmap and not the sitemap.xmap.bak file I
created to simply backup the original sitemap.xmap file before I started playing
around with it.  But it is good of you to point out. :-)

Sonny

--- Steven Noels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Sonny Sukumar wrote:
>
> > The problem *is* a Cocoon problem.  The Tomcat servlet engine works
> > just fine and Cocoon runs on it, but I can't get this Hello World
> > example to work.  I also don't understand why the other Cocoon pages
> > still come up after I deleted ALL the other stuff inside the
> > <map:pipelines> tag other than my <map:pipeline> for the Hello World
> > example that generates from helloworld.xml, transforms with
> > helloworld2html.xsl and serializes the output.
> >
> > Does it make sense now?  If I need to clarify anything at all or
> > paste some things from my first email, please let me know and I will
> > gladly do so.
>
>It does make sense and indeed it seems like your changed sitemap isn't
>loaded. Did you clean out the 'work' directory of Tomcat when restarting
>- not that this should be the problem, but one never knows.
>
>Also, adding a error-handling section in your pipeline configuration
>might provide you with some useful info:

>       <map:handle-errors>
>         <map:transform src="stylesheets/error2html.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize/>
>       </map:handle-errors>
>     </map:pipeline>
>
>Another idea: switching to the (interpreting instead of compiling)
>treeprocessor, by swapping it with the normal sitemap engine configation
>with
> <sitemap logger="sitemap"/>
>
>Oh, BTW, it's not that you are editing the wrong sitemap file (.bak)?
>
></Steven>
>--
>Steven Noels                            http://outerthought.org/
>Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>For additional commands, e-mail:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Conserve wilderness with a click (free!) and get your own EcologyFund.net email
(free!) at http://www.ecologyfund.com.