No huuray. :-(  To summarize, the following 2 things you suggested didn't work out:

-Changing the <sitemap> being used in cocoon.xconf
-Deleting all contents of the $TOMCAT_HOME/work

HOWEVER: Cocoon now recognizes the URI when I navigate to
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/helloworld, but it is nothing but a blank page.  This
started happening after switching the <sitemap> tag, and this behavior is still there
after deleting the contents of $TOMCAT_HOME/work.  I guess this is a step forward
though.

Any idea why I could be getting a blank page?  If not, then I guess I'll have try that
error handling stuff eh?  I'm scared. :-/

Sonny
--- Steven Noels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Sonny Sukumar wrote:
>
> > I switched "treeprocessor" by commenting out one <sitemap> tag and
> > uncommenting the other one in cocoon.xconf.
>
>no huuray however?
>
> > Btw, what is stored in Tomcat's work directory?  This might sound
> > like a dumb question to you, but I'm still on Hello World. :-)
>
>using the (default) compiled sitemap processor, the java classes that
>implement your sitemap (which are generated using xslt from your
>sitemap.xmap - don't ask ;-) are created there and compiled
>
>many people have experienced already that for some mysterious reasons,
>getting rid of these java sources/compiled classes sometimes does help
>
> > Likewise, I haven't done anything with error handling, so if you feel
> > this is something important that I should do here and now to diagnose
> > the problem, I humbly ask for a small explanation so I can understand
> > what's going on.  For example, what XML source does the
> > error2html.xsl file in your sample code operate on?
>
>not exactly a 'source', but a built-in error generator that provides the
>error2html.xsl stylesheet with an XML representation of the
>exception/stacktrace
>
> > Lastly, I know for a fact I'm editing sitemap.xmap and not the
> > sitemap.xmap.bak file I created to simply backup the original
> > sitemap.xmap file before I started playing around with it.  But it is
> > good of you to point out. :-)
>
>I could as well try ;-)
>
></Steven>
>--
>Steven Noels                            http://outerthought.org/
>Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>For additional commands, e-mail:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Conserve wilderness with a click (free!) and get your own EcologyFund.net email
(free!) at http://www.ecologyfund.com.