Tom,

what about adding a couple quotes around the username value ?

Something like:
insert into user_info (USERNAME) values ('<xsl:value-of
select="detail/name"/>')

Best regards,

P.S.
Mind ! Strings may contain unmatched single quotes, which greatly offend the
SQL parser, think about converting unmatched single quotes in matched ones
("'" --> "''") before sending SQL statements to the SQLTransformer.

Luca Morandini
[EMAIL PROTECTED]