> > If the server is more than 5 minutes fast as detected in m_create(), you
> > want to exit the client's *server*, not the client.  Calling exit_client()
> > on a remote client sends a QUIT *upstream*, which gets ignored since it's
> > the wrong direction.
>
> Shouldn't it be sending a KILL upstream?

Well, it's certainly not doing so, that's for sure.  I checked on my
testnet server, and I got a QUIT in the wrong direction.

> This means that the first server thats clock is slow will squit every
> other server on the network.  Should be fun!

Thought that was the original intent of the code.  Killing the user gains
us nothing, but squiting the server forces it to reconnect and hopefully
correct the time.  Perhaps we should be sending a SETTIME, though...or
find a way to cause another server to send *us* a SETTIME :)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>