That can be "fixed: the same way nick change floods are made impossible, Too many changes please wait Y seconds.
The only scenario I can see for "needing" to be able to deauth/go -X is for someone being stalked by a lamer. If the lamer knows their username, going +i doesn't help. Being able to quickly op themselves then de-auth can save them some grief.
/me deposits 2 cents in the coder-com cookie jar
stoney`

At 07:09 PM 12/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >- -x is racy, and kinda pointless, the servers that set +x automatically
> >have been fixed.
>
> Plus, CService doesn't want you to be able to -x for the same reason
> there's no deauth command in X.

And Coder Com doesn't want you to be able to flood with +x/-x over and
over again.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Py Fivestones  (stoney` on IRC)