For what it's worth, the problem discussed below (by reed) is a problem for families" where more than one person uses IRC. If mom is an op on #adult_chat. and wants to turn the computer over to her son John for a while, then being able to deauth/-X makes life easier. As it is now, mom must quit IRC then let John reconnect.
No it's not a tragic situation, but it does make life easier for multi users households.
stoney`
I don't know what I'll do when my cat's old enough to IRC

At 10:04 AM 12/17/2002 -0500, you wrote:
On 2002-12-17T15:35+0100, éL NìçoS wrote:
) | > | And Coder Com doesn't want you to be able to flood with +x/-x over
) | > | over again.
) | +/-x are a little bit more...chatty, shall we say?

There are situations where one might legitimately want to -x, such as to
switch a client over to another host (real host, not IRC hostname), or
perhaps restart a client under screen. I imagine -x/+x flooding could be
handled in much the same way as nick flooding was handled, have some
threshold for floodable changes, then start lagging additional [immediate]
ones.

--
Daniel Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I don't like sending my conversation hundreds of miles where a lot of people can read it o_0 even if I am just talking about cheese. -- Avatar214, re: encryption in naim