"Kevin L. Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 10:21, Michael Poole wrote:
> > I realized that and remedied it a few minutes later (ChangeLog
> > revision 1.525, entry below).
>
> Excellent :)
>
> >   Your guess is as good as mine as to why
> > the list dropped that one -- I haven't gotten the mails for two other
> > commits I made, either.
>
> Bah.  Were they large commits?  It's possible majordummy refused to
> deliver them due to size.  (Though I can't imagine a patch to ChangeLog
> being a "large" commit...)

One was large, one was not.  The big one fixes the IPv6 UDP problems
you reported a week or so ago, the smaller one is another cleanup in
the vein of that small commit.  ChangeLog entries below.

Michael Poole

2004-12-28  Michael Poole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * include/s_bsd.h (VirtualHost): Replace with separate variables
        for IPv4 and IPv6 virtual hosts.

        * include/uping.h (uping_echo): Remove declaration.

        * ircd/ircd_auth.c (iauth_reconnect): Select VirtualHost_v4 or
        VirtualHost_v6 based on iauth server address family.

        * ircd/ircd_lexer.l: Do not recognize RESOLVER token.

        * ircd/ircd_parser.y (ResolverAddr): Remove declaration.
        (RESOLVER): Remove definition.
        (generalresolver): Remove.
        (generalvhost): Assign address to either VirtualHost_v4 or
        VirtualHost_v6, depending on format.

        * ircd/ircd_res.c (res_socket): Replace with separate variables
        for IPv4 and IPv6 resolver sockets.
        (ResolverAddr): Remove definition.
        (restart_resolver): Attempt to set up both IPv4 and IPv6 sockets.
        (send_res_msg): Select outbound FD based on resolver address type.
        (res_readreply): Recognize either inbound socket FD.

        * ircd/os_generic.c (sockaddr_from_irc): Require irc != NULL.
        (os_socket): Require local != NULL.

        * ircd/s_bsd.c (VirtualHost): Replace with separate variables
        for IPv4 and IPv6 virtual hosts.
        (connect_inet): Select virtual host based on destination address.

        * ircd/uping.c (UPingFIleDescriptor): Remove.
        (upingSock): Split into separate IPv4 and IPv6 variables.
        (uping_echo_callback): Incorporate uping_echo() body here, so the
        proper socket FD can be used.
        (uping_init): Attempt to set up both v4 and v6 UPING sockets.
        (uping_server): Create uping socket with appropriate local address.

        * doc/example.conf (General): Update example config file to
        reflect removal of Resolver setting and support for separate IPv4
        and IPv6 VHost settings.

2004-12-28  Michael Poole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * ircd/sys.h (BITS_ZERO_ON_*, HAVE_RELIABLE_SIGNALS, DOCURSES,
        DOTERMCAP, IRC_UID, IRC_GID, LIMIT_FMT, FALSE, TRUE): Remove
        unused macros.

        * ircd/ircd_auth.c, ircd/listener.c, ircd/s_auth.c, ircd/s_bsd.c,
        ircd/s_conf.c, ircd/uping.c, ircd/whocmds.c: Remove obsolete
        #include <arpa/inet.h>.