From: "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> i've taken a quick look and you've made quite a few changes. any pointers
> you'd like to give me about these changes?

I wanted to ensure that the API allowed a choice between the four options I
could find:
Match on specified class only   vs  Match on class and superclasses
Match on public methods/fields  vs  Match on any field made accessible via
setAccessible

The biggest problem is with the public methods/fields version, because Java
reflection in 1.3 Sun gives the wrong answers to getField() and getMethod()
in certain circumstances. (See previous threads - reflection how accurate)

> i've noticed that you've commented out the invokeMethod implementation. my
> first job will be to get that working about. are there any modifications
> that you need me to make to the commented out code (or is it just a case
> of get it working again)?

I was going to see if that commented out code did the same thing for Methods
that I had coded for Fields.

> one of the consequences of MethodUtils being in lang is that lang can't
> depend on commons-logging. i found that without logging, it's nearly
> impossible to debug some things.
>
> what i'd like to do is add a debug boolean and a log method (probably both
> private) that logs messages to System.out. this would allow debugging
> calls to remain in place *but* we'd have to remember to switch the flag
> back off before committing. is that ok with you?

I am -1 for [lang] to depend on [logging], thus this is the best solution.
System.err might be better however.

Stephen