From: "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> make beanutils dependent on lang
> --------------------------------
+1

> deprecate MethodUtils
> ---------------------
> the version of MethodUtils in beanutils would be deprecated. a new
> implementation of the methods in MethodUtils would delegate the execution
> to the version in lang.
>
> copy test cases
> ---------------
> the test cases would remain in beanutils and would test that the new
> delegated version of MethodUtils has not introduced any new bugs. to
> ensure that changes to the version of MethodUtils in lang do not introduce
> changes that have to be caught by gump, the existing unit tests for
> MethodUtils should be copied into lang.
+1

> documentation
> -------------
> documentation for reflection should be consolidated into lang and should
> be improved.
>
> i'm willing to make these changes. i am also willing to help to maintain
> and improve the code in lang if the lang team are happy to have me as a
> committer.
>
> since this change will mean quite a bit of work and will introduce a new
> dependency for beanutils, i'd rather not rely on lazy consensus. obviously
> i'm +1.
+1

Robert, as you have probably spotted, I have created a number of new classes
and a new API for the reflect subpackage in [lang]. FieldUtils is about
finished, but MethodUtils is modtly commented out.

So, there is still much work todo before beanutils can actually depend on
lang. But if you can help thats great.

Stephen