On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 09:42 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

<snip>

Robert, as you have probably spotted, I have created a number of new classes
and a new API for the reflect subpackage in [lang]. FieldUtils is about
finished, but MethodUtils is modtly commented out.
oops. didn't spot that. thanks.

i had intended to start pretty much with the code that's currently in methodutils and try to build from that. it's taken a long time to debug and it should give us a solid base to move forward.

but i'd like to leave this discussion until we see the reaction to this proposal...

So, there is still much work todo before beanutils can actually depend on
lang. But if you can help thats great.
what i want to do is establish that there's support for such a move. i don'
t really want to put in a lot of energy and then find that someone later comes up with a compelling reason not to make this change.

- robert