On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 09:42 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

<snip>

Robert, as you have probably spotted, I have created a number of new classes
and a new API for the reflect subpackage in [lang]. FieldUtils is about
finished, but MethodUtils is modtly commented out.

So, there is still much work todo before beanutils can actually depend on
lang. But if you can help thats great.
hi Stephen

i haven't read anything bad about my proposal so i plan to start work on this stuff soon.

i've taken a quick look and you've made quite a few changes. any pointers you'd like to give me about these changes?

i've noticed that you've commented out the invokeMethod implementation. my first job will be to get that working about. are there any modifications that you need me to make to the commented out code (or is it just a case of get it working again)?

one of the consequences of MethodUtils being in lang is that lang can't depend on commons-logging. i found that without logging, it's nearly impossible to debug some things.

what i'd like to do is add a debug boolean and a log method (probably both private) that logs messages to System.out. this would allow debugging calls to remain in place *but* we'd have to remember to switch the flag back off before committing. is that ok with you?

- robert