--- Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > i'd like the idea about all VOTEs taking place on
> a single list enforced.
>
> Have a vote list. Makes it very obvious.
>
> Then again, I think this kind of thing is going to
> be leaving Commons
> anyway and becoming a PMC thing?
>
> As far as I understand, the idea of the enlarged and
> continually enlarging
> PMC is that it will start to fulfill the part of the
> charter that says
> that it must be asked before any releases are made.
> So rather than the
> Commons committers voting on it, the Jakarta core
> community will vote on
> it.
>
> Unsure though :)
>
> Hen

Me too.  Somehow, I think it's not going to shake out
that way.  I think expanding the PMC is just to make
sure that nothing, including releases, happens under
the PMCs radar.  Having an entire PMC review every
commit and every release is unworkable.  I think the
release votes will still happen on the same lists, but
a greater percentage of PMC members will be
participating in the process.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange