Howdy,

>> Yup, and I use them.  This is a bit different, in two ways:
>> - pure servlet container, since there's nothing tomcat-specific
>
>How are you handling session affinity and/or migration?

A simple way: the same rule will always redirect to the same server.  So
if the load balancer's administrator changes the rules while a user is
using the system, and the app depends on session stuff, the user is
screwed.

>That aspect would seem to be something to discuss with Filip.  I think
that
>it would be useful to add that concept to the Tomcat work.

Maybe: discussion can't hurt, which I why I brought this up ;)  I've
taken care to make my stuff portable to other servlet containers, not
just tomcat, so I don't want to tie it tightly into tomcat.

BTW, to your list of other web components for perhaps a WebApp Commons,
I would maybe add some things from the log4j-sandbox that I've been
working on.  There are servlets there that I hope will some day grow
into a log4j administration webapp.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.