matthew.hawthorne wrote:
Mark R. Diggory wrote:

Ok, this appears to work across the site as long as the project.properties for each subproject contains

maven.xdoc.jsl=../commons-build/commons-site.jsl

It appears that even when the the project.xml extends ../commons-build/project.xml that the ../commons-build/project.properties are not included (bummer I was really dependening on that for transparent behavior int he subprojects). Maybe theres a way to link the project.properties together that I'm missing?

I don't think that Maven has inheritable properties files. That's something that
a lot of people seem to ask about.

Maybe the best way to go about this is to create a small plugin? It would be
better than having to hack some properties into every project, or load the
same file from every project's maven.xml.

I suspect that, then everyone will need to install that plugin to build the site or their subproject site. And one thing I'm trying to avoid is anyone having to modify maven or any of its plugins to accomplish a stable site build.

I think we can accept that all projects require the presence of

maven.xdoc.jsl=../commons-build/commons-site.jsl

in their project.properties to do a site build and still maintain consistent look and feel to the site, once project.properties inheritance and themes come into existence and are more widely accepted, then we can just drop the property.

I'll be glad to do the footwork to add this property to all the project.properties.

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer