From: F Norin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 10/18/2004 11:52 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [math] Questions regarding probability distributions

        I'm glad if I can help you, Mark, and let me say that I think you've done a
        nice job with the commons-math package. I do think you might need to address
        a few things in the probability section though:
        1. Most importantly, I think you need to make the basic interfaces more
        extensible and generic so that they more closely matches the fundamental
        concepts of probability theory. I'd suggest introducing a Probability class
        and changing the interfaces for a probability distribution, something along
        the lines I mentioned in an earlier post.
        2. Also, you might need to consider introducing some mechanism for expressing
        the relationships among probability distributions. As you pointed out
        yourself, this could be done in a number of ways.

        /FN