Phil Steitz wrote:
Frank,

After reading carefully again and thinking about some practical
examples, I agree that the current framework has a fundamental and
unecessary limitation.  The "point mass at 0, continuous beyond 0"
example below does occur in practical applications (e.g. component
lifetimes, 0 = defective).  As I said in a previous post, the
distributions package was designed to house commonly used
"parametric" distributions like the ones that are implemented now;
but there is no reason that the framework could not be used to
support any kind of distribution.  Therefore, since the change to add
a base interface is small and does not really complicate the
structure or client code, I am +0 for adding it.  Any other opinions
on this?

+1

I agree with Frank, and think it is benifiting the design.

Kim
--
http://www.kimvdlinde.com