Yes you're right, with the parametrization model you're using it would
probably be confusing to simply let the exponential and chisquared
distributions be instances of a gammadistribution. However, this indicates
that there may be something flawed here. Remember, the chisquared
distribution *is a* gammadistribution, and this should be reflected in the
inheritance structure. Basically, you need some means to express
relationships between probability distributions.