Stephen Colebourne wrote:

My main reason is that SVN does not appear to be that widely adopted yet. A
sign that the time has come to migrate would be when Eclipse/Idea ships with
SVN support built in.

IDEA's current EAP cycle has included support OOTB. I haven't tried it yet though...

At the moment, I fear we may just scare off some
potential users/contributers.

Good point. How much will this affect commons as a whole? Are there any particular components that are receiving a lot of user contributions?
I personally think they'll figure it out if we have reasonable SVN documentation to help them out.

The reverse is also true. Folks can now get access to SVN behind a corporate proxy, where with CVS an SSH tunnel is nearly impossible to attain and pserver only slightly easier.

Cheers,
Brett