Finally I think that my proposal is not that bad. If it's not possible to
address this issue in future versions of the java language, this seems to be
the only solution.
So my vote is +1 to add at least the major version number to the components
package name.

That would have unacceptable impacts on people who don't have the cross-dependency issue, but just want to use a newer version of a particular library that *does* maintain backwards compatibilty across versions. Therefore, I'd -1 such a proposal on any Commons package that I'm involved with.

I would also -1. Versioned packages is not an acceptable solution.
Stephen