At least one of you "release checkers" ;-) should setup a wiki to describe every step to do, this helps the release manager and those checking it. Especially if you are a newbie in the release cycle it might be a great start AND it defines standards.

I like Marios idea.

Very new to commons-dev i would like to get more involved. I guess i will start with bugfixing, submitting patches all this stuff. Checking out a potentiel release is work everyone can do- if there is a concrete description what to do. I really have a problem with:"hey do you support this release?"- ok, i have no idea if this is all ok cause i don't know what i should check. In this case it's better to shut up :-)

If somebody could provide a wiki page it would be a good start for a noob like i am to help out with some things.
Namely: gimme a checklist.

Cheers,
Chris