On 9/2/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

+1 on the move to maven 2, but the site needs to stay consistent with
the other commons sites - i.e., if you eliminate navigation.xml, you
have to replace it with whatever the m2 equivalent is to get the
commons menus.  I think Dennis worked on this a while back, so there
should be some docs available on the wiki somewhere.

Got any pointers?

We also need to definitively settle the artifact naming conventions
and think carefully about the impact of relocating the fileupload jar.
 Maybe that has been settled and I just can't see it in the archives.
Could be we need to revive the thread that looks like it died on this
topic. I think what you have in the pom is correct, but we need to
agree on the org.apache.commons and commons-foo conventions.  Sorry if
I just missed this here or on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I admit, that I am not interested in this discussion. Whatever will be
decided, I'll simply follow. It is a matter of minor edits in the POM.

I also agree with Bill that dropping the m1 build immediatlely may
break other things that depend on it, so I am not too keen on dropping
m1 builds as soon as when we have m2 builds working.  It might be
best, if possible, to start using m2 to build the site and as the main
build tool (documented on the site), but continue to support m1 for
some time as developers (and CI systems) that depend on fileupload
migrate to m2.

Ok, I'll keep the m1 files, but I won't maintain them.

You should also inherit from the commons pom, which is now 1-SNAPSHOT.
 That will bring in the apache POM.

I have studied that POM and do have concerns:

- It defines a resource set with the NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt. I understand
 the rationale, but unfortunately that triggers a bug in the
maven-source-plugin:
 It ignores the ínclude/exclude settings when building the source jar. In other
 words, it attempts to include the source jar, which is currently
being built ...

 A better approach is using the maven-antrun-plugin to copy these
files into target/classes.
 I do not know, whether this can be done in a parent jar. (See

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/commons/trunk/modules/neethi/pom.xml?view=markup

 for an example.)

- How are the profiles "release" and "rc" being activated?
- These profiles should possible attach the javadoc jar.
- It would be good to have a release of that pom as soon as possible. Work can
  be continued in 2-SNAPSHOT. However, if we haven't got a release (which we
  can, of course, override), then we cannot use it for releases.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)