On 9/2/06, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/2/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > - It defines a resource set with the NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt. I
understand
> >   the rationale, but unfortunately that triggers a bug in the
> > maven-source-plugin:
> >   It ignores the ínclude/exclude settings when building the source jar. In
other
> >   words, it attempts to include the source jar, which is currently
> > being built ...
> >

> I don't get this.  Is there a JIRA ticket for this bug?  This happens
> whenever you specify resources?

No, this happens in the particular case, when you specify the projects
root directory as the resources base directory.

We should find a workaround for this; otherwise remove the resources
spec in the parent and handle getting the required files into the jars
at the component level with antrun or somesuch.

> >  - How are the profiles "release" and "rc" being activated?
>
> They need to be activated on the command line using -Prelease, -Prc.

Ah, that's good to know!

I will add some comments to the commons pom itself and once things
have stabilized, add a maven 2 section (or I guess rewrite these pages
for m2) to the "building.." and "releasing..." pages to doc all of
this (unless, of course, someone else beats me to it :-).

The idea was to force the deployer to explicitly ack that s/he wants
to deploy to the rsynched repo.  We do this for m1 jar releases using
maven -Dmaven.repo.list=apache.releases -Duser.name=your-apache-id jar:deploy
with the second parameter overriding the default set in project.propterties.

Thanks for your help / feedback on the pom.

Phil