On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Keegan Peterzell
<kpeterz...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I would like to say, Daniel, as much as it's worth over email, that
> ZoomViewer is awesome. With both WMF and volunteer hat, thank you for this
> :)

Hear, hear!  It is a pleasure to use, reminds me of the Gigapan tools.
 I'd love to see it in wider use.

While optimizing it makes sense medium term, could ZoomViewer be given
its own machine for now so that it could be put into wider use?

Rupert Thurner writes:
> View the original file plus older versions is, from a glam upload perspective,
> mandatory.

I agree.   Not merely "one more link", something central and obvious.
(Right now, that is the primary way to interact with image pages on
Commons: The largest active area on the page is the image, which when
clicked takes you to the original file.)

Regards,
Sam