On 24 May 2014 12:28, Samuel Klein <meta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rupert Thurner writes:
>> View the original file plus older versions is, from a glam upload
>> perspective,
>> mandatory.
>
> I agree.   Not merely "one more link", something central and obvious.
> (Right now, that is the primary way to interact with image pages on
> Commons: The largest active area on the page is the image, which when
> clicked takes you to the original file.)

I would agree that accessing the image description page/original image
really needs to be more obvious than the buried "Commons" link (which
is virtually invisible to anyone who doesn't know our site
iconography).

We've been telling people for years that if you keep clicking on the
image file you'll get to our master copy in the end, so clicking on
the expanded image seems a natural way to do it :-)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk