David Crossley wrote:

No, not a PMC. I mean a method for *all* committers of a
project to be able to discuss certain things in private.

Heh, it's the project that rules how the PMC is composed! I will be in favor of making every committer that wants to be part of the PMC, part of it. Like it happens on HTTPD.

The PMC concept, in fact, was designed after *that*!

I notice that you expressed similar reasoning to my first paragraph, in your other reply to this thread. It was the success of that small-group off-line proposal and subsequent on-line vote of Nicola Ken committer, that sparked my reply too.

Yes, I noticed this.

But think about it: if cocoon is a project and all the committers that care enough are part of the PMC and are the legal protectors of the code and there is one official representative that talks directly to the board and can report problems or achievements. Wouldn't it be all much lighter and clean?

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>