Personally, I think that announce@apache.org is the correct place for a
monthly ASF newsletter.  However, I do agree with your comments related to
the terra-intl.com references.  The following ought to have been removed:

  "My main job is marketing, business development and IT consulting [4]."

along with the associated link.  Also:

  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.terra-intl.com/
  (Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
  http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

should be:

  Tetsuya Kitahata --  ASF Newsletter Editor
  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.apache.org/newsletter/

IMO, the online edition should be changed to reflect those edits.  I don't
have any problem with the sentence, "I have been translating some of the
Apache Jakarta projects' websites into Japanese now [3]", in the context of
introducing himself, although that need not be repeated in future
newsletters.

        --- Noel