On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:48:43 +0900, "Tetsuya Kitahata"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > I'm vaguely ambivalent, but I really think that we should keep
> > announce for announcements, and have something else for sitewide "of
> > interest" stuff.
>
> I am still not sure the difference between
> announce@httpd.apache.org
> and
> announce@apache.org

When I originally proposed the announce@apache.org list, the purpose was
this:
Each project would send their announcements to their own list (eg.
announce@httpd.apache.org) AND send a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  That
way people could choose whether they wanted announcements only from
particular
projects or from the foundation as a whole.

In other words, announce@apache.org was meant to be a moderate to high
traffic
list with lots of announcements.  Unfortunately, only a very few projects
have ever sent anything to announce@apache.org, and I gave up nagging
after
a while.

Joshua.