On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 01:16 -0700, Phil G wrote:
> As a community, I believe we can improve SGF by extending the
> specification slightly to allow points to also be encoded in
> "standard" coordinates and depreciated, admittedly slowly, the use of
> the old coordinate system. We already see Go programs (SmartGo, GoGui
> and others) supporting this format. Maybe this can be a key point in
> the proposed FF[5] specification.

As a community, I don't think we should support *breaking* an existing,
well-established data format over something as trivial as the coordinate
system used.  There are much bigger issues with sgf, such as not being
able to follow a teaching review that jumps around nodes.

What I would support is a new standard that was backwards compatible
with existing tools.

-Jeff