Hi Gian-Carlo,

There is an interesting phenomenon going on when it comes to the
perception and advertisement of game playing strength.

One is that people take time to accept concepts they are used to
thinking differently about.   I remember one human (chess) player who
was pretty weak for many years, then all of a sudden he "got serious"
and gains hundreds of ELO points in a couple of years - becoming a master.
Many players could not accept this and it took a few years (even though
he continued to play actively) for people to stop believing he was
grossly overrated and be accepted as a strong player.

Just a few years ago it was widely held that computers will not reach
Dan level "in my lifetime" even in 9x9 Go.    When it happened in 9x9
go,  it was not accepted - the day it happened passed us by and nobody
noticed it.     It's probably still not common knowledge and it will
take time for it to be generally believed.

Another phenomenon, is what I call the contempt factor.   In the old
days of computer chess, you would buy a program or machine that was
certified to be a certain strength level.   But once you got comfortable
and familiar with the program,  you started learning it's weaknesses and
got time to witness a few stupid moves - your contempt of it grew and
your estimation of it's strength diminished.     The same thing happens
with human players but for some reason we don't hold that against
them.     It's not that the program is not as strong as advertised,
it's just  that the magic goes away once we get to take it apart and see
how it works.

I don't know if your program is high Dan level or not.    I suspect it's
"low Dan" level if I had to guess but it  could be tested with a
formalized match on KGS.   I suggest multiple players for variety - a
single player match is not a good test.

- Don