I disagree; I don't think that the draw factor has to be corrected for,
because it *is* legitimately part of the notion of "deepness" that the
method tries to measure.

If a "perfect player" will still draw 80% of the time with the top 200
players in the world, by what reasonable measure are those top players not
very close to perfection?

Take tic-tac-toe; there's really only room for three levels there. You have
a totally random player, a beginner who knows the rules and avoids immediate
traps, but doesn't really get the game, and then you have somebody who's
played enough to read ahead the three or four moves needed to always secure
a draw. The game simply doesn't have room to fit any more categories; once
you have made two or three steps in improvement, you're done.
Is there any rational sense in which one player on that third level can be
said to be "better" than the other? He may be slightly brighter and see the
draw sooner than his opponent, but the game is not "deep" enough to be able
to distinguish subtle differences like that. It is an intrinsic property of
the game, not the players.

The same it is with chess, although obviously the scale is much larger than
3. We may say that Anand is stronger than Kramnik, etc., but the fact is
that they are both so close to each other (and to the top limits of human
capability, I suspect) that chess as a game is not able to distinguish
between them except when one of them makes an uncharacteristic error. This
is a property of chess, and I think *does* say a lot about its deepness.

To say that you can get a similar result in Go by requiring a 50-point gap
(which is a ridiculous value, by the way. Maybe even 5 would be enough to
achieve chess-like draw rates in top pro games) is pointless. Of course you
can make Go unable to make fine distinctions if you blur the line enough; so
what? That's true about any game. Go as it exists *is* able to distinguish
even very small differences in skill between players, which makes it "deep"
(at least by the definition used in this discussion, which I happen to think
is a very good one).