To me it's only reasonable if you play a single game of poker.
But that's not a reasonable assumption.
In poker, the question is, who has the chips at the end of the day.

Stefan

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, Ashley Griffiths wrote:
I am pretty sure the original article came to the conclusion that Poker was a 1 or 2, and backgammon was a 4. Been a while since i saw it, but I think those were the numbers. With checkers at 8, chess at 16 and go at approximately 40. So its not like the authors had a problem with poker having a low complexity.

The 40 rating for go is representative of a pro player versus an absolute begginner and gives the beginner something like 8E-23% chance to beat a pro (thats probably less than the chance of the pro dropping dead mid game :p)

If poker had a 1 rating it says an absolute beginner has a 25% chance to beat Dolly (if its 2 then its a 6.25% chance, and from that I am inclined to think its probably actually somewhere between the two, which based on the definition would mean it is a complexity of 1)

Wow that was a bit rambly, sorry about that

Thanks, these numbers look very reasonable to me,
Christoph