On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 03:11:22PM +0100, Erik van der Werf wrote:
> make sure Pachi isn't doing any kind of pondering in the
> background.

  Indeed, Pachi will ponder by default. Turn pondering off by passing

        pondering=0

on the commandline.

> pachi -d 0 -t =4000 -r chinese threads=1,max_tree_size=2048

  Also, it may be worth passing pass_all_alive unless you are doing a
sophisticated scoring procedure, to make sure Pachi captures all dead
groups at the end of the game.

  P.S.: Do your results imply that on 4000 playouts/move, oakfoam is
quite stronger than Pachi now? I'd love to hear more. :) How does the
playout speed compare?

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
        Sick and yet happy, in peril and yet happy, dying and yet happy,