>Not to their credit, we're without this machine for 2-3 weeks while it's
>repaired off-site.  Were this a Dell, I'd have the PC fixed by a tech, on
>site, at worst the next day, with minimal downtime.  The PC user, in this
>case, is productive.  The Mac user is not.

So objective. Compare a real response to a hypothetical and sing the
praises of what the hypothetical vendor might have done in some fantasy
situation.

I have read many happy reports from Mac owners where Apple provided
service on the spot at the Apple store or air shipping a fixed machine in
48 hours.

We have had recent reports on this List of Dell sending on-site techs who
were totally clueless and unable to make even simple repairs. I read
recently how Dell dragged their feet on a repair until the warrenty
period ran out and then would not compelete the repair.

It all depends on the specific situation and the phase of the moon.