> 2) It may be smarter to target who you want, rather
than who you have

My website is basically an order form and info site for
customers.
We don't use the web to solicit for customers.  We
provide outdoor advertising DC metro only so are
uninterested in global marketing.  Our customers use
what they use.

> 3) A significant percentage of "vistors" to websites
are from bots and
> crawlers looking to map your site or find
vulnerabilities. While the

there are lots of bots listed in my stats but in the
interest of brevity, i lumped them all together
They didn't support nor detract from the point I was
making

> 4) We don't know how accurate your detection is. Your
browser stats look
> very skewed. Perhaps MS wrote your logging software?

I believe it is IIS raw logs
Skewed how? On what do you base this?
The report actually lists MSIE/6, MSIE/5, MSIE/4,
MSIE/3, Mozilla/1, Mozilla/0, Netscape7, 8, 4 etc.
There is actually a fair amount of detail by version. (5
different opera lisings)

> If you make your site hostile to anyone not using Win
IE you are creating
> a self-fulfilling situation

I'm not talking about actively making the website
'hostile'
We've tested for IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox. various
versions.
We've not bothered with Opera, Konqueror, etc.

>The share of non-MSIE browsers in the
> general population is about 25%

Proffer??? : <src=?>

> If you think that much of the market is
> insignificant you may be making a bad decision.

If that is so, I agree.  I just don't know where some of
the statistics come from.
I shared our real world experience.  That's all I have
to go on.  We've had no (zero) calls from 3800 customers
saying that the website doesn't work with their browser.