On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Fred Holmes wrote:
In Firefox 3, is there any way to get back to the "classic" view of manage/organize bookmarks, i.e., the "tree view"? Now folders are shown in-line (vertically) with individual bookmarks, and if you "open" a folder, you lose the view of everything else but what is in the folder. Aside from the gotcha viewing, this would appear to mean that you can't drag a bookmark out of a folder, there being nowhere meaningful to drag it to.

This is what I see when I open up my "Organize Bookmarks" window:
    http://www.steeds.com/vicky/ff3_bookmarks.png
It has a tree view in the left pane, and a list of bookmarks in the
selected folder on the right. Is this not what you see?

In the organize [manage] bookmarks dialog, right-clicking on a bookmark produces a menu that no longer has "properties" as one of its options. How can one edit the name of the bookmark? Used to be able to do this straightforwardly.

True, I'd like to have the old "properties" context-menu-item, but there
is a "properties pane" on the bottom of the right pane. Is this not what
you're looking for?

Does this new interface really make sense?

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        [EMAIL PROTECTED]