At 11:41 AM 7/13/2008, you wrote:
>That depends on you (and the machine).  There's nothing "wrong" with Vista
>per se, it's a good OS, but it's biggest crime is just being underwhelming
>for a 5-year effort.  It can be frustrating at times to find where MS has
>moved functionality, but as with any new design, you get used to it over
>time.  Some of the changes make sense, others, not so much.
>
>You mention it's an econobox.  Does it have enough muscle to run Vista at an
>acceptable level?  Running it on less than 2 GB of RAM is no fun.

the box has this stuff inside.:

    * AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core Desktop Processor
    * 3GB PC2-5300 DDR2 Memory
    * 500GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
    * 16x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
    * ATI Radeon X1250 Integrated Graphics
    * AC'97 Audio
    * Gigabit Ethernet
    * Eight USB 2.0, One FireWire, 9-in-1 Card Reader
    * Vista Home Premium, MS Works
I'm really glad it comes with a big hard drive.. i have collected 30 gig of
stuff in my hd since cp/m.

should be big enough for an elderly web surfer, right?