I think FIOS arrived on my front lawn.  Verizon is calling, and offering
attractive packages to combine TV, internet, hardwire phone, and cell phone.

 From what i gather, verizon has finally shifted wireless from tdma to cdma,
while the rest of the world has moved on to GSM.  I have an ATT Nokia that will
be imcompatable.  my wife wants to get an iPhone II when available.

my understanding is that verizon does not have gsm, and does not plan to move
to it.

my understanding is that neither the nokia nor the iphone have cdma available.

are these presumptions correct?