What makes you think you want to go back?  When vista first came out there
were some driver issues and some programs wouldn't run, it's been over a
year and service pack 1 is out...the driver base for vista is huge and
finding programs is simple.  You may not be able to run that 9 year old
piece of software you have, but I have yet to find something I needed to do
I couldn't.  And that's with running 64bit vista.

Don't buy into the negative hype...it's windows for good or bad.

Mike