On Nov 24, 2009, at 9:27 PM, b_s-wilk wrote:
I've worked with many people like that. Surprising thing is that they're mostly libertarian types who shudder at the thought of having union membership and protection. Even a professional association to negotiate contracts is an anathema. Most don't even have contracts.

That's why there is such a vast propaganda engine pushing these ideas -- stuff like Fox News. Too often I encounter working people whose thoughts have been thoroughly clouded. They support exactly those things that run counter to their interests and keep them enslaved. Stupid but nevertheless true. So net neutrality is bad, health care reform is bad, putting monopolies in their place is bad, fighting media concentration is bad. They effectively become their own jailers.