On Feb 10, 2010, at 8:23 PM, Eric S. Sande wrote:
I AM rebuilding my system. But the scale they propose is unprecedented.

It is not unprecedented. It exists in Japan, Korea, and other places I'm not going to look up.

Today, suffering from cabin fever, I ordered up a video on demand from Amazon. It took close to 4 hours to trickle down the wires. At such a data rate I'm not likely to give the service much business. Google claims their network would have delivered this video in 5 minutes. That would make VOD quite appealing.